MANman1 (man),USA pronunciation n., pl. men, v., manned, man•ning, interj.
- an adult male person, as distinguished from a boy or a woman.
- a member of the species Homo sapiens or all the members of this species collectively, without regard to sex: prehistoric man.
- the human individual as representing the species, without reference to sex;
the human race;
humankind: Man hopes for peace, but prepares for war.
- a human being;
person: to give a man a chance; When the audience smelled the smoke, it was every man for himself.
- a husband.
- a male lover or sweetheart.
- a male follower or subordinate: the king's men. He's the boss's number one man.
- a male employee or representative, esp. of a company or agency: a Secret Service man; a man from the phone company.
- a male having qualities considered typical of men or appropriately masculine: Be a man. The army will make a man of you.
- a male servant.
- a valet.
- See enlisted man.
- an enthusiast or devotee: I like jazz, but I'm essentially a classics man.
- male friend;
ally: You're my main man.
- a term of familiar address to a man;
fellow: Now, now, my good man, please calm down.
- a term of familiar address to a man or a woman: Hey, man, take it easy.
- one of the pieces used in playing certain games, as chess or checkers.
- [Hist.]a liegeman;
- [Obs.]manly character or courage.
- as one man, in complete agreement or accord;
unanimously: They arose as one man to protest the verdict.
- be one's own man:
- to be free from restrictions, control, or dictatorial influence;
be independent: Now that he has a business he is his own man.
- to be in complete command of one's faculties: After a refreshing nap he was again his own man.
- man and boy, ever since childhood: He's been working that farm, man and boy, for more than 50 years.
- man's man, a man who exemplifies masculine qualities.
- the man:
- a person or group asserting authority or power over another, esp. in a manner experienced as being oppressive, demeaning, or threatening, as an employer, the police, or a dominating racial group.
- a person or group upon whom one is dependent, as the drug supplier for an addict. Also, the Man.
- to a man, with no exception;
all: To a man, the members of the team did their best.
- to furnish with men, as for service or defense.
- to take one's place for service, as at a gun or post: to man the ramparts.
- to strengthen, fortify, or brace;
steel: to man oneself for the dangers ahead.
- [Falconry.]to accustom (a hawk) to the presence of men.
- an expression of surprise, enthusiasm, dismay, or other strong feeling: Man, what a ball game!
DOWNdown1 (doun),USA pronunciation adv.
- from higher to lower;
in descending direction or order;
toward, into, or in a lower position: to come down the ladder.
- on or to the ground, floor, or bottom: He fell down.
- to or in a sitting or lying position.
- to or in a position, area, or district considered lower, esp. from a geographical or cartographic standpoint, as to the south, a business district, etc.: We drove from San Francisco down to Los Angeles.
- to or at a lower value or rate.
- to a lesser pitch or volume: Turn down the radio.
- in or to a calmer, less active, or less prominent state: The wind died down.
- from an earlier to a later time: from the 17th century down to the present.
- from a greater to a lesser strength, amount, etc.: to water down liquor.
- in an attitude of earnest application: to get down to work.
- on paper or in a book: Write down the address.
- in cash at the time of purchase;
at once: We paid $50 down and $20 a month.
- to the point of defeat, submission, inactivity, etc.: They shouted down the opposition.
- in or into a fixed or supine position: They tied down the struggling animal.
- to the source or actual position: The dogs tracked down the bear.
- into a condition of ill health: He's come down with a cold.
- in or into a lower status or condition: kept down by lack of education.
- toward the lee side, so as to turn a vessel to windward: Put the helm down!
- on toast (as used in ordering a sandwich at a lunch counter or restaurant): Give me a tuna down.
- down with!
- away with! cease!: Down with tyranny!
- on or toward the ground or into a lower position: Down with your rifles!
- in a descending or more remote direction or place on, over, or along: They ran off down the street.
going or directed downward: the down escalator.
- being at a low position or on the ground, floor, or bottom.
- toward the south, a business district, etc.
- associated with or serving traffic, transportation, or the like, directed toward the south, a business district, etc.: the down platform.
dejected: You seem very down today.
- ailing, esp., sick and bedridden: He's been down with a bad cold.
- being the portion of the full price, as of an article bought on the installment plan, that is paid at the time of purchase or delivery: a payment of $200 down.
- [Football.](of the ball) not in play.
- behind an opponent or opponents in points, games, etc.: The team won the pennant despite having been down three games in the final week of play.
- losing or having lost the amount indicated, esp. at gambling: After an hour at poker, he was down $10.
- having placed one's bet: Are you down for the fourth race?
- finished, done, considered, or taken care of: five down and one to go.
- out of order: The computer has been down all day.
- down and out, down-and-out.
- down cold or pat, mastered or learned perfectly: Another hour of studying and I'll have the math lesson down cold.
- down in the mouth, discouraged;
- down on, [Informal.]hostile or averse to: Why are you so down on sports?
- a downward movement;
- a turn for the worse;
reverse: The business cycle experienced a sudden down.
- one of a series of four plays during which a team must advance the ball at least 10 yd. (9 m) to keep possession of it.
- the declaring of the ball as down or out of play, or the play immediately preceding this.
- an order of toast at a lunch counter or restaurant.
- downer (defs. 1a, b).
- to put, knock, or throw down;
subdue: He downed his opponent in the third round.
- to drink down, esp. quickly or in one gulp: to down a tankard of ale.
- to defeat in a game or contest: The Mets downed the Dodgers in today's game.
- to cause to fall from a height, esp. by shooting: Antiaircraft guns downed ten bombers.
- to go down;
- (used as a command to a dog to stop attacking, to stop jumping on someone, to get off a couch or chair, etc.): Down, Rover!
- (used as a command or warning to duck, take cover, or the like): Down! They're starting to shoot!
FROMfrom (frum, from; unstressed frəm),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to specify a starting point in spatial movement): a train running west from Chicago.
- (used to specify a starting point in an expression of limits): The number of stores will be increased from 25 to 30.
- (used to express removal or separation, as in space, time, or order): two miles from shore; 30 minutes from now; from one page to the next.
- (used to express discrimination or distinction): to be excluded from membership; to differ from one's father.
- (used to indicate source or origin): to come from the Midwest; to take a pencil from one's pocket.
- (used to indicate agent or instrumentality): death from starvation.
- (used to indicate cause or reason): From the evidence, he must be guilty.
ROOFroof (ro̅o̅f, rŏŏf ),USA pronunciation n., pl. roofs, v.
- the external upper covering of a house or other building.
- a frame for supporting this: an open-timbered roof.
- the highest part or summit: The Himalayas are the roof of the world.
- something that in form or position resembles the roof of a house, as the top of a car, the upper part of the mouth, etc.
- a house.
- the rock immediately above a horizontal mineral deposit.
- go through the roof:
- to increase beyond all expectations: Foreign travel may very well go through the roof next year.
- Also, hit the roof, [Informal.]to lose one's temper;
become extremely angry.
- raise the roof, [Informal.]
- to create a loud noise: The applause raised the roof.
- to complain or protest noisily: He'll raise the roof when he sees that bill.
- to provide or cover with a roof.
Hi there, this image is about DISTRAUGHT MAN TALKED DOWN FROM ROOF ( Man Jumps Off Roof #7). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 963 x 722. This post's file size is just 62 KB. If You decided to save This image to Your PC, you can Click here. You could too see more pictures by clicking the picture below or see more at this post: Man Jumps Off Roof.
Your property star can be made by DISTRAUGHT MAN TALKED DOWN FROM ROOF ( Man Jumps Off Roof #7) on the porch of your home so your design seems elegant of the patio should be ideal and magnificent. This luxury seems more stunning to appear from the exterior and will even supply to be around the front-porch comfortable minimalism, the impression.
All that may be realized by choosing the floor that was right with regards to shades and motifs. Hues are organic and brilliant shade era, the most popular decision today, because these shades can offer a comfortable environment trendy and magnificent environment of beauty.
One of the parts that produce a comfortable household noticed by the eyesight, looked luxurious and ideal home is DISTRAUGHT MAN TALKED DOWN FROM ROOF ( Man Jumps Off Roof #7). With all appropriate laying of ceramic flooring and the variety, the areas were boring could be converted in to a place that seems magnificent and roomy.