MANman1 (man),USA pronunciation n., pl. men, v., manned, man•ning, interj.
- an adult male person, as distinguished from a boy or a woman.
- a member of the species Homo sapiens or all the members of this species collectively, without regard to sex: prehistoric man.
- the human individual as representing the species, without reference to sex;
the human race;
humankind: Man hopes for peace, but prepares for war.
- a human being;
person: to give a man a chance; When the audience smelled the smoke, it was every man for himself.
- a husband.
- a male lover or sweetheart.
- a male follower or subordinate: the king's men. He's the boss's number one man.
- a male employee or representative, esp. of a company or agency: a Secret Service man; a man from the phone company.
- a male having qualities considered typical of men or appropriately masculine: Be a man. The army will make a man of you.
- a male servant.
- a valet.
- See enlisted man.
- an enthusiast or devotee: I like jazz, but I'm essentially a classics man.
- male friend;
ally: You're my main man.
- a term of familiar address to a man;
fellow: Now, now, my good man, please calm down.
- a term of familiar address to a man or a woman: Hey, man, take it easy.
- one of the pieces used in playing certain games, as chess or checkers.
- [Hist.]a liegeman;
- [Obs.]manly character or courage.
- as one man, in complete agreement or accord;
unanimously: They arose as one man to protest the verdict.
- be one's own man:
- to be free from restrictions, control, or dictatorial influence;
be independent: Now that he has a business he is his own man.
- to be in complete command of one's faculties: After a refreshing nap he was again his own man.
- man and boy, ever since childhood: He's been working that farm, man and boy, for more than 50 years.
- man's man, a man who exemplifies masculine qualities.
- the man:
- a person or group asserting authority or power over another, esp. in a manner experienced as being oppressive, demeaning, or threatening, as an employer, the police, or a dominating racial group.
- a person or group upon whom one is dependent, as the drug supplier for an addict. Also, the Man.
- to a man, with no exception;
all: To a man, the members of the team did their best.
- to furnish with men, as for service or defense.
- to take one's place for service, as at a gun or post: to man the ramparts.
- to strengthen, fortify, or brace;
steel: to man oneself for the dangers ahead.
- [Falconry.]to accustom (a hawk) to the presence of men.
- an expression of surprise, enthusiasm, dismay, or other strong feeling: Man, what a ball game!
JUMPSjump ( jump),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to spring clear of the ground or other support by a sudden muscular effort;
leap: to jump into the air; to jump out a window.
- to rise suddenly or quickly: He jumped from his seat when she entered.
- to move or jerk suddenly, as from surprise or shock: He jumped when the firecracker exploded.
- to obey quickly and energetically;
hustle: The waiter was told to jump when the captain signaled.
- to be full of activity;
bustle: The whole town is jumping with excitement.
- to start a campaign, program, military attack, etc.;
launch an activity, esp. of major proportions (usually fol. by off): The march jumped off early in the morning.
- [Checkers.]to move from one side of an opponent's piece to a vacant square on the opposite side, thus capturing the opponent's piece.
- to rise suddenly in amount, price, etc.: Costs jumped again thisquarter.
- to pass abruptly, ignoring intervening steps or deliberation: to jump to a conclusion.
- to change abruptly: The traffic light jumped from green to red.
- to move or change suddenly, haphazardly, aimlessly, or after a short period: He jumped from job to job.
- to pass or go aimlessly: He jumped from one thing to another without being able to concentrate on anything.
- to omit letters, numbers, etc.;
skip: This typewriter jumps and needs repairing.
- to parachute from an airplane.
- to take eagerly;
seize (often fol. by at): He jumped at the offer of a free trip.
- to enter into something with vigor (usually fol. by in or into): She jumped into the discussion right away.
- to advance rapidly from one level to another, esp. in rank;
pass through or skip intermediate stages in a forward or upward progression: He jumped from clerk to general manager in a year.
- [Motion Pictures.](of a shot or frame) to fail to line up properly with the preceding or following frames because of a mechanical fault in the camera or projector.
- [Bridge.]to make a jump bid: She jumped from three clubs to four spades.
- (of newspaper copy) to continue on a subsequent page, following intervening copy (opposed to turn).
- to leap or spring over: to jump a narrow stream.
- to cause to leap: She jumped the horse over the fence.
- to skip or pass over;
bypass: to jump the third grade in school.
- to elevate or advance, esp. in rank, by causing to skip or pass rapidly through intermediate stages: The boss jumped his son from mail clerk to plant manager.
- to move past or start before (a signal);
anticipate: One car jumped the red light and collided with a truck.
- to increase sharply: The store jumped its prices.
- to capture (an opponent's piece) by leaping over.
- to attack or pounce upon without warning, as from ambush: The thugs jumped him in a dark alley.
- [Bridge.]to raise (the bid) by more than necessary to reach the next bidding level, esp. as a signal to one's partner.
- to abscond from;
leave: The robbers jumped town.
- to flee or escape from.
- to seize or occupy illegally or forcibly (a mining claim or the like), as on the ground of some flaw in the holder's title.
- (of trains, trolleys, etc.) to spring off or leave (the track).
- to get on board (a train, bus, etc.) quickly or with little planning or preparation for the trip: He jumped a plane for Chicago.
- to continue (a story) from one page to another over intervening copy.
- to thicken (a bar or the like) by striking the end;
upset (often fol. by up).
- (vulgar). to engage in an act of coitus with.
- to connect (a dead battery) to a live battery by attaching booster cables between the respective terminals.
- jump aboard or on board, to join a group, activity, etc., esp. one that has been operating or functioning for some time: After some hesitation, he jumped aboard and contributed heavily to the campaign.
- jump all over someone, to reprimand;
criticize: You don't have to jump all over me just because I'm a little late.
- jump bail. See bail 1 (def. 5).
- jump down someone's throat. See throat (def. 10).
- jump in or into with both feet, to join or enter into exuberantly, eagerly, hastily, etc.
- jump on, to blame or rebuke;
reprimand: He'll jump on anyone who contradicts him.
- jump ship. See ship (def. 5).
- jump the gun. See gun 1 (def. 9).
- an act or instance of jumping;
- a space, obstacle, apparatus, or the like, cleared or to be cleared in a leap.
- a short or hurried journey.
- a descent by parachute from an airplane.
- a sudden rise in amount, price, etc.: a considerable jump in the stock market.
- a sudden upward or other movement of an inanimate object.
- an abrupt transition from one point or thing to another, with omission of what intervenes: The speaker made an unexplained jump in topic.
- a move or one of a series of moves: The gangster stayed one jump ahead of the police.
- any of several contests that feature a leap or jump. Cf. broad jump, high jump.
- [Motion Pictures.]a break in the continuity of action due to a failure to match the action of one frame with the following one of the same scene.
- a sudden start as from nervous excitement: He gave a jump when the firecracker went off.
- the act of taking an opponent's piece by leaping over it to an unoccupied square.
- the jumps, restlessness;
- Also called breakover. the part of a story continued on another page.
- the difference in limit values at a jump discontinuity of a given function.
- jump-start (def. 1).
- get or have the jump on, to get or have a head start or an initial advantage over: They got the jump on us in selling the item, but we finally caught up.
- on the jump, in a hurry;
running about: Lively youngsters keep their parents on the jump.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of swing.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of jazz;
played at a bright tempo.
OFFoff (ôf, of ),USA pronunciation adv.
- so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- so as to be no longer covering or enclosing: to take a hat off; to take the wrapping off.
- away from a place: to run off; to look off toward the west.
- away from a path, course, etc.;
aside: This road branches off to Grove City.
- so as to be away or on one's way: to start off early; to cast off.
- away from what is considered normal, regular, standard, or the like: to go off on a tangent.
- from a charge or price: He took 10 percent off for all cash purchases.
- at a distance in space or future time: to back off a few feet; Summer is only a week off.
- out of operation or effective existence: Turn the lights off.
- into operation or action: The alarm goes off at noon.
- so as to interrupt continuity or cause discontinuance: Negotiations have been broken off.
- in absence from work, service, a job, etc.: two days off at Christmas.
utterly: to kill off all the inhabitants.
- with prompt or ready performance: to dash a letter off.
- to fulfillment, or into execution or effect: The contest came off on the appointed day.
- into nonexistence or nothingness: My headache passed off soon.
- so as to be delineated, divided, or apportioned: Mark it off into equal parts.
- away from a state of consciousness: I must have dozed off.
- away from the land, a ship, the wind, etc.
- get it off. See get (def. 45).
- get off on. See get (def. 49).
- off and on:
- Also, on and off. with intervals between;
intermittently: to work off and on.
- on alternate tacks.
- off with:
- take away;
remove: Off with those muddy boots before you step into this kitchen!
- cut off: Off with his head!
- so as no longer to be supported by, attached to, on, resting on, or unified with: Take your feet off the table! Break a piece of bread off the loaf.
- deviating from: off balance; off course.
- below or less than the usual or expected level or standard: 20 percent off the marked price; I was off my golf game.
- away, disengaged, or resting from: to be off duty on Tuesdays.
- [Informal.]refraining or abstaining from;
denying oneself the pleasure, company, practice, etc., of: He's off gambling.
- away from;
apart or distant from: a village off the main road.
- leading into or away from: an alley off 12th Street.
- not fixed on or directed toward, as the gaze, eyes, etc.: Their eyes weren't off the king for a moment.
- from (a specified source): I bought it off a street vendor.
- from or of, indicating material or component parts: to lunch off cheese and fruit.
- from or by such means or use of: living off an inheritance; living off his parents.
- at some distance to seaward of: off Cape Hatteras.
- off of, [Informal.]off: Take your feet off of the table!
- in error;
wrong: You are off on that point.
- slightly abnormal or not quite sane: He is a little off, but he's really harmless.
- not up to standard;
not so good or satisfactory as usual;
inferior or subnormal: a good play full of off moments.
- no longer in effect, in operation, or in process: The agreement is off.
- stopped from flowing, as by the closing of a valve: The electricity is off.
- in a specified state, circumstance, etc.: to be badly off for money.
- (of time) free from work or duty;
nonworking: a pastime for one's off hours.
- not working at one's usual occupation: We're off Wednesdays during the summer.
- of less than the ordinary activity, liveliness, or lively interest;
slack: an off season in the tourist trade.
doubtful: on the off chance that we'd find her at home.
- more distant;
farther: the off side of a wall.
- (of a vehicle, single animal, or pair of animals hitched side by side) of, being, or pertaining to the right as seen from the rider's or driver's viewpoint (opposed to near): the off horse; the off side.
- starting on one's way;
leaving: I'm off to Europe on Monday. They're off and running in the third race at Aqueduct.
- lower in price or value;
down: Stock prices were off this morning.
- noting one of two like things that is the farther from the shore;
seaward: the off side of the ship.
- [Cricket.]noting or pertaining to that side of the wicket or of the field opposite that on which the batsman stands.
- the state or fact of being off.
- [Cricket.]the off side.
- to go off or away;
leave (used imperatively): Off, and don't come back!
- to kill;
ROOFroof (ro̅o̅f, rŏŏf ),USA pronunciation n., pl. roofs, v.
- the external upper covering of a house or other building.
- a frame for supporting this: an open-timbered roof.
- the highest part or summit: The Himalayas are the roof of the world.
- something that in form or position resembles the roof of a house, as the top of a car, the upper part of the mouth, etc.
- a house.
- the rock immediately above a horizontal mineral deposit.
- go through the roof:
- to increase beyond all expectations: Foreign travel may very well go through the roof next year.
- Also, hit the roof, [Informal.]to lose one's temper;
become extremely angry.
- raise the roof, [Informal.]
- to create a loud noise: The applause raised the roof.
- to complain or protest noisily: He'll raise the roof when he sees that bill.
- to provide or cover with a roof.
Hello guys, this image is about MAN JUMPS OFF ROOF PT.1 (charming Man Jumps Off Roof #2). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 1088 x 612. It's file size is only 121 KB. Wether You desired to save This photo to Your laptop, you can Click here. You may also see more photos by clicking the following picture or read more at here: Man Jumps Off Roof.
Make or the suites were used-to make food, that impression of the kitchen. Therefore it might be said your kitchen is one-room that's typically sloppy and filthy since the MAN JUMPS OFF ROOF PT.1 (charming Man Jumps Off Roof #2) is really a destination for a cook and set anything carelessly because of the ramifications of the dash of cooking were burned etc.
Design your kitchen into a minimalist home, utilize your innovative aspect to style a minimalist kitchen in your own home, since the minimalist kitchen can be a kitchen that is built with a kitchen set as well as a lot of kitchen cupboards that you could employ to put a cooking utensils. So that you no longer have to develop hook or a hanger in your home for a minimalist kitchen is full.
In case your MAN JUMPS OFF ROOF PT.1 (charming Man Jumps Off Roof #2) looks tidy and clean, absolutely you will feel relaxed while cooking. Using a relaxed home, cooking is pleasurable, since the flavor of food is determined by people who're cooking's feeling and also the outcome will be the maximum that your dishes can taste better.
Therefore it is now plenty of kitchens which have a fascinating design having an array of furniture for cooking utensils over a regular schedule so as or storing things to not fall apart. Probably for a few people the simplest way to organize the equipment that is cooking in the home is to put in a hook or lift to retain some cooking products that can be hung.