Oldold (ōld),USA pronunciation adj., old•er, old•est or eld•er, eld•est, n.
- far advanced in the years of one's or its life: an old man; an old horse; an old tree.
- of or pertaining to the latter part of the life or term of existence of a person or thing: old age.
- as if or appearing to be far advanced in years: Worry had made him old.
- having lived or existed for a specified time: a man 30 years old; a century-old organization.
- having lived or existed as specified with relation to younger or newer persons or things: Jim is our oldest boy.
- having been aged for a specified time: This whiskey is eight years old.
- having been aged for a comparatively long time: old brandy.
- long known or in use: the same old excuse.
- overfamiliar to the point of tedium: That joke gets old fast.
- belonging to the past: the good old days.
- having been in existence since the distant past: a fine old family.
- no longer in general use: This typewriter is an old model.
- acquired, made, or in use by one prior to the acquisition, making, or use of something more recent: When the new house was built, we sold the old one.
- of, pertaining to, or originating at an earlier period or date: old maps.
ancient: There may have been an old land bridge between Asia and Alaska.
- (cap.) (of a language) in its oldest known period, as attested by the earliest written records: Old Czech.
- experienced: He's an old hand at welding.
- of long standing;
having been such for a comparatively long time: an old and trusted employee.
- (of colors) dull, faded, or subdued: old rose.
- deteriorated through age or long use;
worn, decayed, or dilapidated: old clothes.
- [Physical Geog.](of landforms) far advanced in reduction by erosion or the like.
- sedate, sensible, mature, or wise: That child seems old beyond his years.
- (used to indicate affection, familiarity, disparagement, or a personalization): good old Bob; that dirty old jalopy.
- (used as an intensive) great;
uncommon: a high old time.
having been so formerly: a dinner for his old students.
- (used with a pl. v.) old persons collectively (usually prec. by the): appropriations to care for the old.
- a person or animal of a specified age or age group (used in combination): a class for six-year-olds; a horse race for three-year-olds.
- old or former time, often time long past: days of old.
Castcast (kast, käst),USA pronunciation v., cast, cast•ing, n., adj.
- to throw or hurl;
fling: The gambler cast the dice.
- to throw off or away: He cast the advertisement in the wastebasket.
- to direct (the eye, a glance, etc.), esp. in a cursory manner: She cast her eyes down the page.
- to cause to fall upon something or in a certain direction;
send forth: to cast a soft light; to cast a spell; to cast doubts.
- to draw (lots), as in telling fortunes.
- to throw out (a fishing line, net, bait, etc.): The fisherman cast his line.
- to fish in (a stream, an area, etc.): He has often cast this brook.
- to throw down or bring to the ground: She cast herself on the sofa.
- to part with;
lose: The horse cast a shoe.
- to shed or drop (hair, fruit, etc.): The snake cast its skin.
- (of an animal) to bring forth (young), esp. abortively.
- to send off (a swarm), as bees do.
- to throw or set aside;
discard or reject;
dismiss: He cast the problem from his mind.
- to throw forth, as from within;
emit or eject;
- to throw up (earth, sod, etc.), as with a shovel.
- to put or place, esp. hastily or forcibly: to cast someone in prison.
- to deposit or give (a ballot or vote).
- to bestow;
confer: to cast blessings upon someone.
- to make suitable or accordant;
tailor: He cast his remarks to fit the occasion.
- to select actors for (a play, motion picture, or the like).
- to allot a role to (an actor).
- to assign an actor to (a role).
- to form (an object) by pouring metal, plaster, etc., in a fluid state into a mold and letting it harden.
- to form (metal, plaster, etc.) into a particular shape by pouring it into a mold in a fluid state and letting it harden.
- to tap (a blast furnace).
- to compute or calculate;
add, as a column of figures.
- to compute or calculate (a horoscope) astrologically;
- to turn or twist;
- to turn the head of (a vessel), esp. away from the wind in getting under way.
- [Fox Hunting.](of a hunter) to lead or direct (hounds) over ground believed to have been recently traveled by a fox.
- [Archaic.]to contrive, devise, or plan.
- [Obs.]to ponder.
- to throw.
- to receive form in a mold.
- to calculate or add.
- to conjecture;
- (of hounds) to search an area for scent: The setter cast, but found no scent.
- to warp, as timber.
- (of a vessel) to turn, esp. to get the head away from the wind;
- to select the actors for a play, motion picture, or the like.
- to consider.
- to plan or scheme.
- cast about:
- to look, as to find something;
seek: We cast about for something to do during the approaching summer vacation.
- to scheme;
plan: He cast about how he could avoid work.
- cast away:
- Also, cast aside. to reject;
- to shipwreck.
- to throw away;
squander: He will cast away this money just as he has done in the past.
- cast back, to refer to something past;
revert to: The composer casts back to his earlier work.
- cast down, to lower;
- cast off:
- to discard;
- to let go or let loose, as a vessel from a mooring.
- [Print.]to determine the quantity of type or space that a given amount of text will occupy when set.
- to make (the final stitches) in completing a knitted fabric.
- to throw (a falcon) off from the fist to pursue game.
- cast on, to set (yarn) on a needle in order to form the initial stitches in knitting.
- cast out, to force out;
- cast up:
- to add up;
- to vomit;
- [Chiefly Scot.]to turn up;
- act of casting or throwing.
- that which is thrown.
- the distance to which a thing may be cast or thrown.
- a throw of dice.
- the number rolled.
- act of throwing a line or net onto the water.
- a spot for casting;
a fishing place.
- [Theat.]the group of performers to whom parts are assigned;
- [Hunting.]a searching of an area for a scent by hounds.
- a stroke of fortune;
fortune or lot.
- a ride offered on one's way;
- the form in which something is made or written;
- act of casting or founding.
- the quantity of metal cast at one time.
- something formed from a material poured into a mold in a molten or liquid state;
- an impression or mold made from something.
- a rigid surgical dressing, usually made of bandage treated with plaster of Paris.
- outward form;
- a permanent twist or turn: to have a cast in one's eye.
- a warp.
- a slight tinge of some color;
shade: A good diamond does not have a yellowish cast.
- a dash or trace;
a small amount.
- a conjecture;
- [Zool.]something that is shed, ejected, or cast off or out, as molted skin, a feather, food from a bird's crop, or the coil of sand and waste passed by certain earthworms.
- [Ornith.]pellet (def. 6).
- [Falconry.]a pair of hawks put in flight together.
- effused plastic matter produced in the hollow parts of various diseased organs.
- low-grade, irregular wool.
- at a single cast, through a single action or event: He bankrupted himself at a single cast.
- (of an animal, esp. a horse) lying in such a position that it is unable to return to its feet without assistance.
Ironi•ron (ī′ərn),USA pronunciation n.
- a ductile, malleable, silver-white metallic element, scarcely known in a pure condition, but much used in its crude or impure carbon-containing forms for making tools, implements, machinery, etc. Symbol: Fe;
at. wt.: 55.847;
at. no.: 26;
sp. gr.: 7.86 at 20°C. Cf. cast iron, pig iron, steel, wrought iron.
- something hard, strong, rigid, unyielding, or the like: hearts of iron.
- an instrument, utensil, weapon, etc., made of iron.
- an appliance with a flat metal bottom, used when heated, as by electricity, to press or smooth clothes, linens, etc.
- [Golf.]one of a series of nine iron-headed clubs having progressively sloped-back faces, used for driving or lofting the ball. Cf. wood1 (def. 8).
- a branding iron.
- any of several tools, structural members, etc., of metals other than iron.
- the blade of a carpenter's plane.
- a pistol.
- a harpoon.
- a preparation of iron or containing iron, used chiefly in the treatment of anemia, or as a styptic and astringent.
- irons, shackles or fetters: Put him in irons!
- a sword.
- in irons:
- [Naut.](of a sailing vessel) unable to maneuver because of the position of the sails with relation to the direction of the wind.
- [Naut.](of a towing vessel) unable to maneuver because of tension on the towing line.
- Also, into irons. in shackles or fetters.
- irons in the fire, matters with which one is immediately concerned;
projects: He had other irons in the fire, so that one failure would not destroy him.
- pump iron, to lift weights as an exercise or in competition.
- strike while the iron is hot, to act quickly when an opportunity presents itself.
- of, containing, or made of iron: an iron skillet.
- resembling iron in firmness, strength, color, etc.: an iron will.
- holding or binding strongly: an iron grip.
- irritating or harsh in tone: an iron voice.
- to smooth or press with a heated iron, as clothes or linens.
- to furnish, mount, or arm with iron.
- to shackle or fetter with irons.
- to smooth and thin the walls of (an object being deep-drawn).
- to press clothes, linens, etc., with an iron.
- iron out:
- to iron or press (an item of clothing or the like).
- to remove (wrinkles) from by ironing.
- to resolve or clear up (difficulties, disagreements, etc.): The problem was ironed out months ago.
Kitchenkitch•en (kich′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- a room or place equipped for cooking.
- culinary department;
cuisine: This restaurant has a fine Italian kitchen.
- the staff or equipment of a kitchen.
- of, pertaining to, or designed for use in a kitchen: kitchen window; kitchen curtains.
- employed in or assigned to a kitchen: kitchen help.
- of or resembling a pidginized language, esp. one used for communication between employers and servants or other employees who do not speak the same language.
Sinkssink (singk),USA pronunciation v., sank or, often, sunk;
sunk or sunk•en;
- to displace part of the volume of a supporting substance or object and become totally or partially submerged or enveloped;
fall or descend into or below the surface or to the bottom (often fol. by in or into): The battleship sank within two hours. His foot sank in the mud. Her head sinks into the pillows.
- to fall, drop, or descend gradually to a lower level: The river sank two feet during the dry spell.
- to settle or fall gradually, as a heavy structure: The tower is slowly sinking.
- to fall or collapse slowly from weakness, fatigue, distress, etc.: He gasped and sank to his knees.
- to slope downward;
dip: The field sinks toward the highway.
- to go down toward or below the horizon: the sun sinks in the west.
- to penetrate, permeate, or seep (usually fol. by in or into): Wipe the oil off before it sinks into the wood.
- to become engulfed or absorbed in or gradually to enter a state (usually fol. by in or into): to sink into slumber.
- to be or become deeply absorbed or involved in a mood or mental state (usually fol. by in or into): sunk in thought. She sank into despair.
- to pass or fall into some lower state, as of fortune, estimation, etc.;
degenerate: to sink into poverty.
- to decline or deteriorate in quality or worth.
- to fail in physical strength or health.
- to decrease in amount, extent, intensity, etc.: The temperature sank to 30° at noon.
- to become lower in volume, tone, or pitch: Her voice sank to a whisper.
- to enter or permeate the mind;
become known or understood (usually fol. by in or into): He said it four times before the words really sank in.
- to become concave;
become hollow, as the cheeks.
- to drop or fall gradually into a lower position: He sank down on the bench.
- to cause to become submerged or enveloped;
force into or below the surface;
cause to plunge in or down: The submarine sank the battleship. He sank his fist into the pillow.
- to cause to fall, drop, or descend gradually.
- to cause to penetrate: to sink an ax into a tree trunk.
- to lower or depress the level of: They sank the roadway by five feet.
- to bury, plant, or lay (a pipe, conduit, etc.) into or as if into the ground.
- to dig, bore, or excavate (a hole, shaft, well, etc.).
- to bring to a worse or lower state or status.
- to bring to utter ruin or collapse: Drinking and gambling sank him completely.
- to reduce in amount, extent, intensity, etc.
- to lower in volume, tone, or pitch.
- to suppress;
- to invest in the hope of making a profit or gaining some other return: He sank all his efforts into the business.
- to lose (money) in an unfortunate investment, enterprise, etc.
- to throw, shoot, hit, or propel (a ball) so that it goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: She sank the 10 ball into the side pocket.
- to execute (a stroke or throw) so that the ball goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: to sink a putt; to sink a free throw.
- sink one's teeth into:
- to bite deeply or vigorously.
- to do or enter into with great enthusiasm, concentration, conviction, etc.: to sink my teeth into solving the problem.
- a basin or receptacle, as in a kitchen or laundry, usually connected with a water supply and drainage system, for washing dishes, clothing, etc.
- a low-lying, poorly drained area where waters collect and sink into the ground or evaporate.
- sinkhole (def. 2).
- a place of vice or corruption.
- a drain or sewer.
- a device or place for disposing of energy within a system, as a power-consuming device in an electrical circuit or a condenser in a steam engine.
- any pond or pit for sewage or waste, as a cesspool or a pool for industrial wastes.
- any natural process by which contaminants are removed from the atmosphere.
Designde•sign (di zīn′),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to prepare the preliminary sketch or the plans for (a work to be executed), esp. to plan the form and structure of: to design a new bridge.
- to plan and fashion artistically or skillfully.
- to intend for a definite purpose: a scholarship designed for foreign students.
- to form or conceive in the mind;
plan: The prisoner designed an intricate escape.
- to assign in thought or intention;
purpose: He designed to be a doctor.
- [Obs.]to mark out, as by a sign;
- to make drawings, preliminary sketches, or plans.
- to plan and fashion the form and structure of an object, work of art, decorative scheme, etc.
- an outline, sketch, or plan, as of the form and structure of a work of art, an edifice, or a machine to be executed or constructed.
- organization or structure of formal elements in a work of art;
- the combination of details or features of a picture, building, etc.;
the pattern or motif of artistic work: the design on a bracelet.
- the art of designing: a school of design.
- a plan or project: a design for a new process.
- a plot or intrigue, esp. an underhand, deceitful, or treacherous one: His political rivals formulated a design to unseat him.
- designs, a hostile or aggressive project or scheme having evil or selfish motives: He had designs on his partner's stock.
- adaptation of means to a preconceived end.
Howdy , this blog post is about Old Cast Iron Kitchen Sinks Awesome Design #2 Sink2 12.15sink-02 12.15sink-03 .. This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 1092 x 728. This photo's file size is just 29 KB. If You ought to download It to Your PC, you may Click here. You could also download more images by clicking the picture below or see more at here: Old Cast Iron Kitchen Sinks.
To savor the Old Cast Iron Kitchen Sinks Awesome Design #2 Sink2 12.15sink-02 12.15sink-03 .'s beauty that you just produce a playground seat at home needed comfortable and a good. When choosing a playground counter, some factors you should think about, it appears operating well and attractive. On picking out a playground table from your home picture these tips dotcom. Recommendations on Choosing a Old Cast Iron Kitchen Sinks for example:
Select the product seat all-weather. Like, metal substance, solid wood, bamboo, metal (ironwood). Layout a playground table having a layout similar to park's notion you've. Paint is just a two- in concluding a park table, product is frequently used. Select paint that's a coating of anti - anti, UV -form, and marked go-green, so the paint last longer despite recurrent water and sun-exposure.
For anyone of you who would like to make a park counter that is lasting, note the positioning of not to inappropriate placement the bench which could challenge the thought of minimalist yard and the positioning which you create. Assimilate with installing yard desk with benches that one principle.