Walkwalk (wôk),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to advance or travel on foot at a moderate speed or pace;
proceed by steps;
move by advancing the feet alternately so that there is always one foot on the ground in bipedal locomotion and two or more feet on the ground in quadrupedal locomotion.
- to move about or travel on foot for exercise or pleasure: We can walk in the park after lunch.
- (of things) to move in a manner suggestive of walking, as through repeated vibrations or the effect of alternate expansion and contraction: He typed so hard that the lamp walked right off the desk.
- [Baseball.]to receive a base on balls.
- to go on strike;
stage a walkout: The miners will walk unless they get a pay raise.
- to be acquitted or to be released or fined rather than sentenced to jail: If the prosecutor doesn't present his case well, the murderer may walk.
- to go about on the earth, or appear to living persons, as a ghost: to believe that spirits walk at night.
- (of a tool, pointer, or pen of a recording device, etc.) to glide, slip, or move from a straight course, fixed position, or the like: A regular drill bit may walk on a plastic surface when you first try to make a hole. When the earthquake started, the pen on the seismograph walked all over the paper.
- to conduct oneself in a particular manner;
pursue a particular course of life: to walk humbly with thy God.
- [Basketball.](of a player in possession of the ball) to take more than two steps without dribbling or passing the ball.
- [Obs.]to be in motion or action.
- to proceed through, over, or upon at a moderate pace on foot: walking London streets by night; walking the floor all night.
- to cause to walk;
lead, drive, or ride at a walk, as an animal: We walked our horses the last quarter of a mile.
- to force or help to walk, as a person: They were walking him around the room soon after his operation.
- to conduct or accompany on a walk: He walked them about the park.
- to move (a box, trunk, or other object) in a manner suggestive of walking, as by a rocking motion.
- [Baseball.](of a pitcher) to give a base on balls to (a batter).
- to spend or pass (time) in walking (often fol. by away): We walked the morning away along the beach.
- to cause or accomplish by walking: We saw them walking guard over the chain gang.
- to examine, measure, etc., by traversing on foot: to walk a track; to walk the boundaries of the property.
- [Basketball.]to advance (the ball) by taking more than two steps without dribbling or passing.
- [Informal.]to send (a person who has a reservation at a hotel) to another hotel because of overbooking: It's exasperating to find yourself walked when you arrive at a hotel late in the evening.
- walk off, to get rid of by walking: to walk off a headache.
- walk off with:
- to remove illegally;
- to win or attain, as in a competition: to walk off with the first prize for flower arrangements.
- to surpass one's competitors;
win easily: to walk off with the fight.
- walk out:
- to go on strike.
- to leave in protest: to walk out of a committee meeting.
- walk out on, to leave unceremoniously;
forsake: to walk out on one's family.
- walk out with, to court or be courted by: Cook is walking out with the chauffeur.
- walk (someone) through, to guide or instruct carefully one step at a time: The teacher will walk the class through the entire testing procedure before the real test begins.
- walk Spanish:
- to be forced by another to walk on tiptoe.
- to walk cautiously.
- to be discharged or dismissed.
- to discharge or dismiss (someone).
- walk the plank. See plank (def. 5).
- walk through, [Theat., Television.]
- to release (a play) by combining a reading aloud of the lines with the designated physical movements.
- [Informal.]to perform (a role, play, etc.) in a perfunctory manner.
- to make little or no effort in performing one's role: He didn't like the script and walked through his part.
- walk up, (of a hunter) to flush (game) by approaching noisily on foot and often with hunting dogs.
- an act or instance of walking or going on foot.
- a period of walking for exercise or pleasure: to go for a walk.
- a distance walked or to be walked, often in terms of the time required: not more than ten minutes' walk from town.
- the gait or pace of a person or an animal that walks.
- a characteristic or individual manner of walking: It was impossible to mistake her walk.
- a department or branch of activity, or a particular line of work: They found every walk of life closed against them.
- [Baseball.]See base on balls.
- a path or way for pedestrians at the side of a street or road;
- a place prepared or set apart for walking.
- a path in a garden or the like.
- a passage between rows of trees.
- an enclosed yard, pen, or the like where domestic animals are fed and left to exercise.
- the walk. See race walking.
- a sheepwalk.
- a ropewalk.
- (in the West Indies) a plantation of trees, esp. coffee trees.
- a group, company, or congregation, esp. of snipes.
- the route of a street vendor, tradesman, or the like.
- the district or area in which such a route is located.
- a tract of forest land under the charge of one forester or keeper.
- [Archaic.]manner of behavior;
course of life.
- [Obs.]a haunt or resort.
- take a walk, to leave, esp. abruptly and without any intention or prospect of returning (often used imperatively to indicate dismissal): If he doesn't get his way, he takes a walk. I don't need your advice, so take a walk.
Arounda•round (ə round′),USA pronunciation adv.
- in a circle, ring, or the like;
so as to surround a person, group, thing, etc.: The crowd gathered around.
- on all sides;
about: His land is fenced all around.
- in all directions from a center or point of reference: He owns the land for miles around.
- in a region or area neighboring a place: all the country around.
- in circumference: The tree was 40 inches around.
- in a circular or rounded course: to fly around and around.
- through a sequence or series, as of places or persons: to show someone around.
- through a recurring period, as of time, esp. to the present or a particular time: when spring rolls around again.
- by a circuitous or roundabout course: The driveway to the house goes around past the stables.
- to a place or point, as by a circuit or circuitous course: to get around into the navigable channel.
- with a rotating course or movement: The wheels turned around.
- in or to another or opposite direction, course, opinion, etc.: Sit still and don't turn around. After our arguments, she finally came around.
- back into consciousness: The smelling salts brought her around.
- in circulation, action, etc.;
about: He hasn't been around lately. The play has been around for years. When will she be up and around?
- somewhere near or about;
nearby: I'll be around if you need me.
- to a specific place: He came around to see me.
- been around, having had much worldly experience: He's been around and isn't likely to be taken in.
on all sides;
encompassing: a halo around his head.
- so as to encircle, surround, or envelop: to tie paper around a package.
- on the edge, border, or outer part of: a skirt with fringe around the bottom.
- from place to place in;
about: to get around town.
- in all or various directions from: to look around one.
- in the vicinity of: the country around Boston.
about: It's around five o'clock.
- here and there in: There are many cafés around the city.
- somewhere in or near: to stay around the house.
- to all or various parts of: to wander around the country.
- so as to make a circuit about or partial circuit to the other side of: to go around the lake; to sail around a cape.
- reached by making a turn or partial circuit about: the church around the corner.
- so as to revolve or rotate about a center or axis: the earth's motion around its axis.
- personally close to: Only the few advisers around the party leader understood his real motives.
- so as to get by a difficulty: They got around the lack of chairs by sitting on the floor.
- so as to have a foundation in: The novel is built around a little-known historical event.
Hi folks, this photo is about A Walk Around Olomana Gardens. (superb Olomana Gardens #6). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 1824 x 1026. It's file size is only 221 KB. If You want to save It to Your laptop, you might Click here. You might too download more attachments by clicking the following image or see more at this post: Olomana Gardens.
Blinds are among the significant pieces in a space. Olomana Gardens ready to block the daylight is also shiny about the other hand can be able to include part of the room so as not apparent from the exterior and to the outside. So excellent blackout functionality until a room is hardly that had a screen with no curtains.
Blinds than beneficial when it comes to purpose, also can be addressed as a component of design that can accentuate the space. These things might be with the topic of the area along with forms and types of windows to help you provide a different room decoration and to come back together.
To produce a beneficial mix of decor of the room through the selection of ideal curtains, we should be watchful in the mix and complement of shades, styles, along with the layer components with all the notion of area as well as the size and shape of the screen itself. Not only that, the election blackout must also be tailored to paint the surfaces like the curtains possess a coloring that's not in tranquility using the wall paint's colour, the end result will look unusual and the distinction isn't it?