Imageim•age (im′ij),USA pronunciation n., v., -aged, -ag•ing.
- a physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible.
- an optical counterpart or appearance of an object, as is produced by reflection from a mirror, refraction by a lens, or the passage of luminous rays through a small aperture and their reception on a surface.
- a mental representation;
- a mental representation of something previously perceived, in the absence of the original stimulus.
semblance: We are all created in God's image.
copy: That child is the image of his mother.
- a symbol;
- the general or public perception of a company, public figure, etc., esp. as achieved by careful calculation aimed at creating widespread goodwill.
- a type;
embodiment: Red-faced and angry, he was the image of frustration.
- a description of something in speech or writing: Keats created some of the most beautiful images in the language.
- a figure of speech, esp. a metaphor or a simile.
- an idol or representation of a deity: They knelt down before graven images.
- the point or set of points in the range corresponding to a designated point in the domain of a given function.
- [Archaic.]an illusion or apparition.
- to picture or represent in the mind;
- to make an image of;
portray in sculpture, painting, etc.
- to project (photographs, film, etc.) on a surface: Familiar scenes were imaged on the screen.
- to reflect the likeness of;
- to set forth in speech or writing;
- to symbolize;
- to resemble.
- [Informal.]to create an image for (a company, public figure, etc.): The candidate had to be imaged before being put on the campaign trail.
- to transform (data) into an exact replica in a different form, as changing digital data to pixels for display on a CRT or representing a medical scan of a body part in digital form.
Makemake1 (māk),USA pronunciation v., made, mak•ing, n.
- to bring into existence by shaping or changing material, combining parts, etc.: to make a dress; to make a channel; to make a work of art.
- to produce;
cause to exist or happen;
bring about: to make trouble; to make war.
- to cause to be or become;
render: to make someone happy.
- to appoint or name: The President made her his special envoy.
- to put in the proper condition or state, as for use;
prepare: to make a bed; to make dinner.
- to bring into a certain form: to make bricks out of clay.
- to convert from one state, condition, category, etc., to another: to make a virtue of one's vices.
- to cause, induce, or compel: to make a horse jump a barrier.
- to give rise to;
occasion: It's not worth making a fuss over such a trifle.
- to produce, earn, or win for oneself: to make a good salary; to make one's fortune in oil.
- to write or compose: to make a short poem for the occasion.
- to draw up, as a legal document;
draft: to make a will.
- to do;
effect: to make a bargain.
- to establish or enact;
put into existence: to make laws.
- to become by development;
prove to be: You'll make a good lawyer.
- to form in the mind, as a judgment or estimate: to make a decision.
- to judge or interpret, as to the truth, nature, meaning, etc. (often fol. by of ): What do you make of it?
- to estimate;
reckon: to make the distance at ten miles.
- to bring together separate parts so as to produce a whole;
form: to make a matched set.
- to amount to;
bring up the total to: Two plus two makes four. That makes an even dozen.
- to serve as: to make good reading.
- to be sufficient to constitute: One story does not make a writer.
- to be adequate or suitable for: This wool will make a warm sweater.
- to assure the success or fortune of: a deal that could make or break him; Seeing her made my day.
- to deliver, utter, or put forth: to make a stirring speech.
- to go or travel at a particular speed: to make 60 miles an hour.
- to arrive at or reach;
attain: The ship made port on Friday. Do you think he'll make 80?
- to arrive in time for: to make the first show.
- to arrive in time to be a passenger on (a plane, boat, bus, train, etc.): If you hurry, you can make the next flight.
- to gain or acquire a position within: He made the big time.
- to receive mention or appear in or on: The robbery made the front page.
- to gain recognition or honor by winning a place or being chosen for inclusion in or on: The novel made the bestseller list. He made the all-American team three years in a row.
- to have sexual intercourse with.
- to name (the trump).
- to take a trick with (a card).
- [Bridge.]to fulfill or achieve (a contract or bid).
- to shuffle (the cards).
- to earn, as a score: The team made 40 points in the first half.
- (esp. in police and underworld use)
- to recognize or identify: Any cop in town will make you as soon as you walk down the street.
- to charge or cause to be charged with a crime: The police expect to make a couple of suspects soon.
- to close (an electric circuit).
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.]to plant and cultivate or produce (a crop): He makes some of the best corn in the country.
- to cause oneself, or something understood, to be as specified: to make sure.
- to show oneself to be or seem in action or behavior (usually fol. by an adjective): to make merry.
- to be made, as specified: This fabric makes up into beautiful drapes.
- to move or proceed in a particular direction: They made after the thief.
- to rise, as the tide or water in a ship.
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.](of a crop) to grow, develop, or mature: It looks like the corn's going to make pretty good this year.
- make a play for, to try to get: He made a play for his brother's girlfriend. They made a play for control of the company's stock.
- make as if or as though, [Informal.]to act as if;
pretend: We will make as if to leave, then come back and surprise him.
- make away with:
- to steal: The clerk made away with the cash and checks.
- to destroy;
kill: He made away with his enemies.
- to get rid of.
- to consume, drink, or eat completely: The boys made away with the contents of the refrigerator.
- make believe, to pretend;
imagine: The little girl dressed in a sheet and made believe she was a ghost.
- make bold or so bold, to have the temerity;
be so rash;
dare: May I make so bold as to suggest that you stand when they enter?
- make book, [Slang.]
- to take bets and give odds.
- to make a business of this.
- make colors, to hoist an ensign, as on board a warship.
- make do, to function, manage, or operate, usually on a deprivation level with minimal requirements: During the war we had no butter or coffee, so we had to make do without them.
- make down, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to rain or snow: It's making down hard.
- make fast, [Chiefly Naut.]to fasten or secure.
- make for:
- to go toward;
approach: to make for home.
- to lunge at;
- to help to promote or maintain: This incident will not make for better understanding between the warring factions.
- make good:
- to provide restitution or reparation for: The bank teller made good the shortage and was given a light sentence.
- to succeed: Talent and training are necessary to make good in some fields.
- to fulfill: He made good on his promise.
- [Navig.]to compute (a course) allowing for leeway and compass deviation.
- make heavy weather:
- to roll and pitch in heavy seas.
- to progress laboriously;
struggle, esp. to struggle needlessly: I am making heavy weather with my income tax return.
- make it:
- to achieve a specific goal: to make it to the train; to make it through college.
- to succeed in general: He'll never make it in business.
- to have sexual intercourse.
- make it so, strike the ship's bell accordingly: said by the officer of the watch when the hour is announced.
- make like, [Informal.]to try or pretend to be like;
imitate: I'm going to go out and make like a gardener.
- make off:
- to run away;
depart hastily: The only witness to the accident made off before the police arrived.
- [Naut.]to stand off from a coast, esp. a lee shore.
- make off with, to carry away;
steal: While the family was away, thieves made off with most of their valuables.
- make on, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn on, light, or ignite (esp. a light or fire): Make the light on.
- make one's manners, [Southern U.S.]
- to perform an appropriate or expected social courtesy.
- [Older Use.]to bow or curtsy.
- make out:
- to write out or complete, as a bill or check.
- to establish;
- to decipher;
- to imply, suggest, or impute: He made me out to be a liar.
- to manage;
succeed: How are you making out in your new job?
- to engage in kissing and caressing;
- to have sexual intercourse.
- [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn off or extinguish (esp. a light or fire): Make the light out.
- make over:
- to remodel;
alter: to make over a dress; to make over a page layout.
- to transfer the title of (property);
convey: After she retired she made over her property to her children and moved to Florida.
- make sail, [Naut.]
- to set sails.
- to brace the yards of a ship that has been hove to in order to make headway.
- make shut, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to close: Make the door shut.
- make time. See time (def. 42).
- make up:
- (of parts) to constitute;
- to put together;
- to concoct;
- Also, make up for. to compensate for;
- to complete.
- to put in order;
arrange: The maid will make up the room.
- to conclude;
- to settle amicably, as differences.
- to become reconciled, as after a quarrel.
- [Print.]to arrange set type, illustrations, etc., into columns or pages.
- to dress in appropriate costume and apply cosmetics for a part on the stage.
- to apply cosmetics.
- to adjust or balance, as accounts;
prepare, as statements.
- to repeat (a course or examination that one has failed).
- to take an examination that one had been unable to take when first given, usually because of absence.
- to specify and indicate the layout or arrangement of (columns, pages, etc., of matter to be printed).
- Atlantic States. (of the weather or clouds) to develop or gather: It's making up for a storm.
- Atlantic States. (of the sea) to become turbulent: If the sea makes up, row toward land.
- make up to:
- to try to become friendly with;
- to make advances to;
flirt with: He makes up to every new woman in the office.
- make water:
- to urinate.
- (of a hull) to leak.
- make with:
- to operate;
use: Let's make with the feet.
- to bring about;
provide or produce: He makes with the big ideas, but can't follow through.
- the style or manner in which something is made;
- production with reference to the maker;
brand: our own make.
- the act or process of making.
- quantity made;
- [Cards.]the act of naming the trump, or the suit named as trump.
- [Elect.]the closing of an electric circuit.
- the excellence of a polished diamond with regard to proportion, symmetry, and finish.
- identifying information about a person or thing from police records: He radioed headquarters for a make on the car's license plate.
- on the make:
- seeking to improve one's social or financial position, usually at the expense of others or of principle.
- seeking amorous or sexual relations: The park was swarming with sailors on the make.
- put the make on, [Slang.]to make sexual overtures to.
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Stepstep (step),USA pronunciation n., v., stepped, step•ping.
- a movement made by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, accompanied by a shifting of the weight of the body in the direction of the new position, as in walking, running, or dancing.
- such a movement followed by a movement of equal distance of the other foot: The soldier took one step forward and stood at attention.
- the space passed over or the distance measured by one such movement of the foot.
- the sound made by the foot in making such a movement.
- a mark or impression made by the foot on the ground;
- the manner of walking;
- pace in marching: double-quick step.
- a pace uniform with that of another or others, or in time with music.
- steps, movements or course in walking or running: to retrace one's steps.
- a move, act, or proceeding, as toward some end or in the general course of some action;
stage, measure, or period: the five steps to success.
- rank, degree, or grade, as on a vertical scale.
- a support for the foot in ascending or descending: a step of a ladder; a stair of 14 steps.
- a very short distance: She was never more than a step away from her children.
- a repeated pattern or unit of movement in a dance formed by a combination of foot and body motions.
- a degree of the staff or of the scale.
- the interval between two adjacent scale degrees;
second. Cf. semitone, whole step.
- steps, a stepladder.
- an offset part of anything.
- a socket, frame, or platform for supporting the lower end of a mast.
- a flat-topped ledge on the face of a quarry or a mine working.
- break step, to interrupt or cease walking or marching in step: The marching units were allowed to break step after they had passed the reviewing stand.
- in step:
- moving in time to a rhythm or with the corresponding step of others.
- in harmony or conformity with: They are not in step with the times.
- keep step, to keep pace;
stay in step: The construction of classrooms and the training of teachers have not kept step with population growth.
- out of step:
- not in time to a rhythm or corresponding to the step of others.
- not in harmony or conformity with: They are out of step with the others in their group.
- step by step:
- from one stage to the next in sequence.
- gradually and steadily: We were shown the steelmaking process step by step.
- take steps, to set about putting something into operation;
begin to act: I will take steps to see that your application is processed.
- watch one's step, to proceed with caution;
behave prudently: If she doesn't watch her step, she will be fired from her job.
- to move, go, etc., by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, or by using the feet alternately in this manner: to step forward.
- to walk, or go on foot, esp. for a few strides or a short distance: Step over to the bar.
- to move with measured steps, as in a dance.
- to go briskly or fast, as a horse.
- to obtain, find, win, come upon, etc., something easily and naturally, as if by a mere step of the foot: to step into a good business opportunity.
- to put the foot down;
tread by intention or accident: to step on a cat's tail.
- to press with the foot, as on a lever, spring, or the like, in order to operate some mechanism.
- to take (a step, pace, stride, etc.).
- to go through or perform the steps of (a dance).
- to move or set (the foot) in taking a step.
- to measure (a distance, ground, etc.) by steps (sometimes fol. by off or out).
- to make or arrange in the manner of a series of steps.
- to fix (a mast) in its step.
- step down:
- to lower or decrease by degrees.
- to relinquish one's authority or control;
resign: Although he was past retirement age, he refused to step down and let his son take over the business.
- step in, to become involved;
intervene, as in a quarrel or fight: The brawl was well under way by the time the police stepped in.
- step on it, to hasten one's activity or steps;
hurry up: If we don't step on it, we'll miss the show.
- step out:
- to leave a place, esp. for a brief period of time.
- to walk or march at a more rapid pace.
- to go out to a social gathering or on a date: We're stepping out tonight.
- step up:
- to raise or increase by degrees: to step up production.
- to be promoted;
- to make progress;
Howdy folks, this attachment is about Image Titled Make A Song On Garageband Step 8 ( Garage Band Songs #1). This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 728 x 546. It's file size is just 84 KB. Wether You want to save This picture to Your computer, you could Click here. You may also see more pictures by clicking the following photo or read more at here: Garage Band Songs.
Garage Band Songs is one of many hottest ingredients and so are often-used for that floor and also the Marble can be a volcanic stone created by temperature and pressure and are obtainable in different shades like black hues, light dull and white and also other colors, Currently due to the toughness and resilience, rock granite ceramic variety generally used for kitchen surfaces, surfaces and flooring supplies and in addition developing a family area.
The shiny colors are designed here is not too striking shiny shade, since Image Titled Make A Song On Garageband Step 8 ( Garage Band Songs #1) with stunning colors' color combination can truly develop the perception ugly. Pick hues that are vivid. For instance, light red, grass green, blue, among others. Nevertheless, you must choose the combo that is ideal although the combination with other shades which are richer nor restricted.
But gray can be a simple coloring that tends nevertheless simple to match with shades that are different more contrast. So that the color Image Titled Make A Song On Garageband Step 8 ( Garage Band Songs #1) that is selected would work for folks who need to employ natural shades like white, but less. You should contemplate these recommendations and concerns in choosing color combinations to have the combination right colour color. First, choose a color to paint the surfaces a brilliant colour combinations of gray.
Naturally you know lots of these types of marble and contains become a brand new development on earth of property and undoubtedly you are confused in selecting a layout, in setting-up a home, you must consider the proper coloring for the walls of your home. Though it is not uncommon to likewise have a neutral shade including white coloring to paint the surfaces of the home colour gray house frequently selected as the foundation coloring is predominant.