6 images of Of A Top Pivot Opening Out But The Forces Would Be Pretty Crazy And I'd Like To Have It Open Automatically If Possible. I'd Consider Sliding Doors Or . (good Garage Door Alternatives Design Inspirations #4)
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Toptop1 (top),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., topped, top•ping.
- the highest or loftiest point or part of anything;
- the uppermost or upper part, surface, etc., of anything.
- the higher end of anything on a slope.
- a part considered as higher: the top of the street.
- high gear of an automobile.
- the part of a plant that grows above ground, esp. of an edible root.
- one of the tender tips of the branches or shoots of plants.
- the part of anything that is first or foremost;
beginning: Let's go over it from the top again.
- the highest or leading place, position, rank, etc.: at the top of the class.
- the highest point, pitch, or degree: to talk at the top of one's voice.
- a person or thing that occupies the highest or leading position.
- the best or choicest part: the top of all creation.
- a covering or lid, as of a container or vehicle.
- the head.
- any of various outer garments for the upper body, as a blouse, shirt, or sweater: a sale on cotton tops and shorts.
- [Naut.]a platform surrounding the head of a lower mast on a ship, and serving as a foothold, a means of extending the upper rigging, etc.
- [Chem.]the part of a mixture under distillation that volatilizes first.
- the best card of a suit in a player's hand.
- (in duplicate bridge) the best score on a hand.
- a stroke that hits the ball above its center.
- the forward spin given to the ball by such a stroke.
- the first half of an inning.
- the first three batters in the batting order.
- a cluster of textile fibers, esp. tow, put on a distaff.
- a strand of the long wool fibers in sliver form, separated from noil by combing and wound into a large ball.
- a similar strand of rayon.
- [Jewelry.]crown (def. 27).
- blow one's top, [Informal.]
- to become enraged;
lose one's temper.
- to go mad;
become insane: He must have blown his top to make such a fool of himself.
- off the top of one's head, [Informal.]See head (def. 56).
- on top, successful;
dominant: to stay on top.
- on top of:
- over or upon.
- in addition to;
over and above.
- close upon;
following upon: Gale winds came on top of the floods.
- in complete control: on top of the problem.
- on top of the world:
- elated: The success made her feel on top of the world.
- over the top:
- [Mil.]over the top of the parapet before a trench, as in issuing to charge against the enemy.
- surpassing a goal, quota, or limit.
- the tops, [Informal.]the most outstanding person or thing in ability, favor, etc.: As a friend, she's the tops.
- pertaining to, situated at, or forming the top;
upper: the top shelf.
- highest in degree;
greatest: to pay top prices.
- foremost, chief, or principal: to win top honors in a competition.
- to furnish with a top;
put a top on.
- to be at or constitute the top of.
- to reach the top of.
- to rise above: The sun had topped the horizon.
- to exceed in height, amount, number, etc.
- to surpass, excel, or outdo: That tops everything.
- [Theat.](in spoken dialogue) to reply in a voice of greater volume or higher pitch: King Henry must top the crowd noises in his St. Crispin's Day speech.
- to surmount with something specified: to top a sundae with whipped cream.
- to remove the top of;
prune: to top a tall tree.
- to get or leap over the top of (a fence, barrier, etc.).
- [Chem.]to distill off only the most volatile part of (a mixture).
- to strike (the ball) above its center, giving it a forward spin.
- to make (a stroke) by hitting the ball in this manner.
- to top-dress (land).
- [Obs.]to have coitus with (a woman).
- to rise aloft.
- top off:
- to climax or complete, esp. in an exceptional manner;
finish: They topped off the evening with a ferryboat ride at midnight.
- to fill (a partly full container) completely: to top off a gas tank.
- top oneself, [Chiefly Brit.]to kill oneself.
- top out:
- to finish the top of (a structure).
- to reach the highest level.
Openingo•pen•ing (ō′pə ning),USA pronunciation n.
- an act or instance of making or becoming open.
- the act of a person or thing that opens.
- an unobstructed or unoccupied space or place.
- a void in solid matter;
a gap, hole, or aperture.
- a tract of land thinly wooded as compared with adjoining forest tracts.
- the act of beginning;
commencement: the opening of a new session of Congress.
- the first part or initial stage of anything.
- an employment vacancy;
an unfilled position or job: There are no openings for clerks today.
- an opportunity;
- a formal or official beginning, as of a sport season or a season's sale of goods: the opening of the deer-hunting season; Swimsuits sold well at the summer opening.
- the first performance of a theatrical production.
- the first public showing or use of something: the opening of an art exhibition.
- a celebration of the first public showing or performance or of the first use or start of something: The new supermarket is going to give away prizes at its opening.
- the statement of the case made by counsel to the court or jury preliminary to adducing evidence.
- a mode of beginning a game: a manual of chess openings.
Outout (out),USA pronunciation adv.
- away from, or not in, the normal or usual place, position, state, etc.: out of alphabetical order; to go out to dinner.
- away from one's home, country, work, etc., as specified: to go out of town.
- in or into the outdoors: to go out for a walk.
- to a state of exhaustion, extinction, or depletion: to pump a well out.
- to the end or conclusion;
to a final decision or resolution: to say it all out.
- to a point or state of extinction, nonexistence, etc.: to blow out the candle; a practice on the way out.
- in or into a state of neglect, disuse, etc.;
not in current vogue or fashion: That style has gone out.
- so as not to be in the normal or proper position or state;
out of joint: His back went out after his fall.
- in or into public notice or knowledge: The truth is out at last.
- seeking openly and energetically to do or have: to be out for a good time.
- not in present possession or use, as on loan: The librarian said that the book was still out.
- on strike: The miners go out at midnight.
- so as to project or extend: to stretch out; stick your tongue out.
- in or into activity, existence, or outward manifestation: A rash came out on her arm.
- from a specified source or material: made out of scraps.
- from a state of composure, satisfaction, or harmony: to be put out over trifles.
- in or into a state of confusion, vexation, dispute, variance, or unfriendliness: to fall out about trifles.
- so as to deprive or be deprived: to be cheated out of one's money.
- so as to use the last part of: to run out of gas.
- from a number, stock, or store: to point out the errors.
- aloud or loudly: to cry out.
- with completeness or effectiveness: to fill out.
entirely: The children tired me out.
- so as to obliterate or make undecipherable: to cross out a misspelling; to ink out.
- all out, with maximum effort;
thoroughly or wholeheartedly: They went all out to finish by Friday.
- out and away, to a surpassing extent;
far and away;
by far: It was out and away the best apple pie she had ever eaten.
- out for, aggressively determined to acquire, achieve, etc.: He's out for all the money he can get.
- out from under, out of a difficult situation, esp. of debts or other obligations: The work piled up while I was away and I don't know how I'll ever get out from under.
- out of:
- not within: out of the house.
- beyond the reach of: The boat's passengers had sailed out of hearing.
- not in a condition of: out of danger.
- so as to deprive or be deprived of.
- from within or among: Take the jokers out of the pack.
- because of;
owing to: out of loyalty.
- foaled by (a dam): Grey Dancer out of Lady Grey.
- out of it, [Informal.]
- not part of or acceptable within an activity, social group, or fashion: She felt out of it because none of her friends were at the party.
- not conscious;
drunk or heavily drugged.
- not alert or clearheaded;
- eliminated from contention: If our team loses two more games, we'll be out of it.
- out of sight. See sight (def. 19).
- out of trim, (of a ship) drawing excessively at the bow or stern.
- not at one's home or place of employment;
absent: I stopped by to visit you last night, but you were out.
- not open to consideration;
out of the question: I wanted to go by plane, but all the flights are booked, so that's out.
without: We had some but now we're out.
- removed from or not in effective operation, play, a turn at bat, or the like, as in a game: He's out for the season because of an injury.
- no longer having or holding a job, public office, etc.;
disengaged (usually fol. by of ): to be out of work.
extinguished: The elevator is out. Are the lights out?
ended: before the week is out.
- not currently stylish, fashionable, or in vogue: Fitted waistlines are out this season.
senseless: Two drinks and he's usually out.
- not in power, authority, or the like: a member of the out party.
- (of a batter) not succeeding in getting on base: He was out at first on an attempted bunt.
- (of a base runner) not successful in an attempt to advance a base or bases: He was out in attempting to steal second base.
- beyond fixed or regular limits;
out of bounds: The ball was out.
- having a pecuniary loss or expense to an indicated extent: The company will be out millions of dollars if the new factory doesn't open on schedule.
- incorrect or inaccurate: His calculations are out.
- not in practice;
unskillful from lack of practice: Your bow hand is out.
- beyond the usual range, size, weight, etc. (often used in combination): an outsize bed.
made bare, as by holes in one's clothing: out at the knees.
- at variance;
unfriendly: They are out with each other.
- moving or directed outward;
outgoing: the out train.
- not available, plentiful, etc.: Mums are out till next fall.
- located at a distance;
outlying: We sailed to six of the out islands.
- [Cricket.]not having its innings: the out side.
- of or pertaining to the playing of the first nine holes of an 18-hole golf course (opposed to in): His out score on the second round was 33.
- (used to indicate movement or direction from the inside to the outside of something): He looked out the window. She ran out the door.
- (used to indicate location): The car is parked out back.
- (used to indicate movement away from a central point): Let's drive out the old parkway.
- begone! away!
- (used in radio communications to signify that the sender has finished the message and is not expecting or prepared to receive a reply.) Cf. over (def. 61).
- [Archaic.](an exclamation of abhorrence, indignation, reproach, or grief (usually fol. by upon): Out upon you!
- a means of escape or excuse, as from a place, punishment, retribution, responsibility, etc.: He always left himself an out.
- a person who lacks status, power, or authority, esp. in relation to a particular group or situation.
- Usually, outs. persons not in office or political power (distinguished from ins).
- [Baseball.]a put-out.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that does not land within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to in).
- something that is out, as a projecting corner.
- the omission of a word or words.
- the word or words omitted.
- [Northern Brit. Dial.]an outing.
- be on the or at outs with, to be estranged from (another person);
be unfriendly or on bad terms with: He is on the outs with his brother.
- to go or come out.
- to become public, evident, known, etc.: The truth will out.
- to make known;
utter (fol. by with): Out with the truth!
- to eject or expel;
- to intentionally expose (a secret homosexual, esp. a public figure).
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Bebe (bē;[unstressed]bē, bi),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. am, 2nd are or ([Archaic]) art, 3rd is, pres. pl. are* past sing. 1st pers. was, 2nd were or ([Archaic]) wast or wert, 3rd was, past pl. were;
pres. subj. be;
past subj. sing. 1st pers. were, 2nd were or ([Archaic]) wert, 3rd were;
past subj. pl. were;
past part. been;
pres. part. be•ing.
- to exist or live: Shakespeare's "To be or not to be'' is the ultimate question.
- to take place;
occur: The wedding was last week.
- to occupy a place or position: The book is on the table.
- to continue or remain as before: Let things be.
- to belong;
befall: May good fortune be with you.
- (used as a copula to connect the subject with its predicate adjective, or predicate nominative, in order to describe, identify, or amplify the subject): Martha is tall. John is president. This is she.
- (used as a copula to introduce or form interrogative or imperative sentences): Is that right? Be quiet! Don't be facetious.
- (used with the present participle of another verb to form the progressive tense): I am waiting.
- (used with the present participle or infinitive of the principal verb to indicate future action): She is visiting there next week. He is to see me today.
- (used with the past participle of another verb to form the passive voice): The date was fixed. It must be done.
- (used in archaic or literary constructions with some intransitive verbs to form the perfect tense): He is come. Agamemnon to the wars is gone.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Likelike1 (līk),USA pronunciation adj., (Poetic) lik•er, lik•est, prep., adv., conj., n., v., liked, lik•ing, interj.
- of the same form, appearance, kind, character, amount, etc.: I cannot remember a like instance.
- corresponding or agreeing in general or in some noticeable respect;
analogous: drawing, painting, and like arts.
- bearing resemblance.
- likely: 'Tis like that he's gone mad.
- about: The poor chap seemed like to run away.
- something like, [Informal.]something approaching or approximating: It looked something like this.
- in like manner with;
in the manner characteristic of: He works like a beaver.
- resembling (someone or something): He is just like his father. Your necklace is just like mine.
- characteristic of: It would be like him to forget our appointment.
- as if there is promise of;
indicative of: It looks like rain.
- as if someone or something gives promise of being: She looks like a good prospect for the job.
- disposed or inclined to (usually prec. by feel): to feel like going to bed.
- similar or comparable to: There is nothing like a cold drink of water when one is thirsty. What was he like?
- (used correlatively to indicate similarity through relationship): like father, like son.
- (used to establish an intensifying, often facetious, comparison): sleeping like a log.
such as: There are numerous hobbies you might enjoy, like photography or painting.
- like anything, very much;
with great intensity: He wanted like anything to win.
approximately: The house is more like 40 than 20 years old.
- likely or probably: Like enough he'll come with us. Like as not her leg is broken.
- as it were;
in a way;
- to a degree;
more or less: standing against the wall, looking very tough like.
- in the same way as;
as: It happened like you might expect it would.
- as if: He acted like he was afraid. The car runs like new.
- (used esp. after forms ofbeto introduce reported speech or thought): She's like, "I don't believe it," and I'm like, "No, it's true!"
- a similar or comparable person or thing, or like persons or things;
counterpart, match, or equal (usually prec. by a possessive adjective or the): No one has seen his like in a long time. Like attracts like.
ilk (usually prec. by a possessive adjective): I despise moochers and their like.
- the like, something of a similar nature: They grow oranges, lemons, and the like.
- the like or likes of, someone or something similar to;
the equal of: I've never seen the like of it anywhere.
- like to or liked to, [South Midland and Southern U.S.]was on the verge of or came close to (doing something): The poor kid like to froze.
- (used esp. in speech, often nonvolitionally or habitually, to preface a sentence, to fill a pause, to express uncertainty, or to intensify or neutralize a following adjective): Like, why didn't you write to me? The music was, like, really great, you know?
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Havehave (hav;[unstressed]həv, əv* [for 26 usually]haf ),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. have, 2nd have or ([Archaic]) hast, 3rd has or ([Archaic]) hath, pres. pl. have* past sing. 1st pers. had, 2nd had or ([Archaic]) ) hadst or had•dest, 3rd had, past pl. had;
past part. had;
pres. part. hav•ing, n.
- to possess;
hold for use;
contain: He has property. The work has an index.
- to hold, possess, or accept in some relation, as of kindred or relative position: He wanted to marry her, but she wouldn't have him.
- to get, receive, or take: to have a part in a play; to have news.
- to experience, undergo, or endure, as joy or pain: Have a good time. He had a heart attack last year.
- to hold in mind, sight, etc.: to have doubts.
- to cause to, as by command or invitation: Have him come here at five.
- to be related to or be in a certain relation to: She has three cousins. He has a kind boss.
- to show or exhibit in action or words: She had the crust to refuse my invitation.
- to be identified or distinguished by;
possess the characteristic of: He has a mole on his left cheek. This wood has a silky texture.
- to engage in or carry on: to have a talk; to have a fight.
- to partake of;
eat or drink: He had cake and coffee for dessert.
- to permit or allow: I will not have any talking during the concert.
- to assert, maintain, or represent as being: Rumor has it that she's going to be married.
- to know, understand, or be skilled in: to have neither Latin nor Greek.
- to beget or give birth to: to have a baby.
- to hold an advantage over: He has you there.
- to outwit, deceive, or cheat: We realized we'd been had by an expert con artist.
- to control or possess through bribery;
- to gain possession of: There is none to be had at that price.
- to hold or put in a certain position or situation: The problem had me stumped. They had him where they wanted him.
- to exercise, display, or make use of: Have pity on him.
- to invite or cause to be present as a companion or guest: We had Evelyn and Everett over for dinner. He has his bodyguard with him at all times.
- to engage in sexual intercourse with.
- to be in possession of money or wealth: There are some who have and some who have not.
- (used with a past participle to form perfect tenses): She has gone. It would have been an enjoyable party if he hadn't felt downcast.
- to be required, compelled, or under obligation (fol. by infinitival to, with or without a main verb): I have to leave now. I didn't want to study, but I had to.
- had better or best, ought to: You'd better go now, it's late.
- had rather. See rather (def. 8).
- have at, to go at vigorously;
attack: First he decided to have at his correspondence.
- have done, to cease;
finish: It seemed that they would never have done with their struggle.
- have had it:
- to become weary of or disgusted with whatever one has been doing: I've been working like a fool, but now I've had it.
- to suffer defeat;
fail: He was a great pitcher, but after this season he'll have had it.
- to have missed a last opportunity: He refused to take any more excuses and told them all that they'd had it.
- to become unpopular or passé: Quiz shows have had it.
- have it coming, to merit or deserve: When they lost their fortune, everyone said that they had it coming.
- have it in for, to plan or wish to do something unpleasant to;
hold a grudge against: She has it in for intelligent students who fail to use their abilities.
- have it out, to come to an understanding or decision through discussion or combat: We've been in disagreement about this for a long time, and I think we should have it out, once and for all.
- have on:
- to be clothed in;
be wearing: She had on a new dress.
- to have arranged or planned: What do you have on for Christmas?
- to tease (a person);
make the butt of a joke. Cf. put (def. 34).
- have to do with:
- to be connected or associated with: Your lack of confidence probably had a lot to do with your not getting the job.
- to deal with;
be concerned with: I will have nothing to do with their personal squabbles.
- to have and to hold, to possess legally;
have permanent possession of: The house, with the mortgage finally paid, was at last their own to have and to hold.
- Usually, haves. an individual or group that has wealth, social position, or other material benefits (contrasted with have-not).
Itit1 (it),USA pronunciation pron., nom. it, poss. its or ([Obs.]or[Dial.]) it, obj. it;
pl. nom. they, poss. their or theirs, obj. them;
- (used to represent an inanimate thing understood, previously mentioned, about to be mentioned, or present in the immediate context): It has whitewall tires and red upholstery. You can't tell a book by its cover.
- (used to represent a person or animal understood, previously mentioned, or about to be mentioned whose gender is unknown or disregarded): It was the largest ever caught off the Florida coast. Who was it? It was John. The horse had its saddle on.
- (used to represent a group understood or previously mentioned): The judge told the jury it must decide two issues.
- (used to represent a concept or abstract idea understood or previously stated): It all started with Adam and Eve. He has been taught to believe it all his life.
- (used to represent an action or activity understood, previously mentioned, or about to be mentioned): Since you don't like it, you don't have to go skiing.
- (used as the impersonal subject of the verb to be, esp. to refer to time, distance, or the weather): It is six o'clock. It is five miles to town. It was foggy.
- (used in statements expressing an action, condition, fact, circumstance, or situation without reference to an agent): If it weren't for Edna, I wouldn't go.
- (used in referring to something as the origin or cause of pain, pleasure, etc.): Where does it hurt? It looks bad for the candidate.
- (used in referring to a source not specifically named or described): It is said that love is blind.
- (used in referring to the general state of affairs;
circumstances, fate, or life in general): How's it going with you?
- (used as an anticipatory subject or object to make a sentence more eloquent or suspenseful or to shift emphasis): It is necessary that you do your duty. It was a gun that he was carrying.
- [Informal.](used instead of the pronoun its before a gerund): It having rained for only one hour didn't help the crops.
- (in children's games) the player called upon to perform some task, as, in tag, the one who must catch the other players.
- sex appeal.
- sexual intercourse.
- get with it, [Slang.]to become active or interested: He was warned to get with it or resign.
- have it, [Informal.]
- to love someone: She really has it bad for him.
- to possess the requisite abilities for something;
be talented, adept, or proficient: In this business youeither have it or you don't.
- with it, [Slang.]
- aware of the latest fads, fashions, etc.;
- attentive or alert: I'm just not with it early in the morning.
- understanding or appreciative of something, as jazz.
- Carnival Slang. being a member of the carnival.
Openo•pen (ō′pən),USA pronunciation adj.
- not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
- (of a door, gate, window sash, or the like) set so as to permit passage through the opening it can be used to close.
- having no means of closing or barring: an open portico.
- having the interior immediately accessible, as a box with the lid raised or a drawer that is pulled out.
- relatively free of obstructions to sight, movement, or internal arrangement: an open floor plan.
- constructed so as to be without cover or enclosure on the top or on some or all sides: an open boat.
- having relatively large or numerous spaces, voids, or intervals: an open architectural screen; open ranks of soldiers.
- perforated or porous: an open texture.
- relatively unoccupied by buildings, fences, trees, etc.: open country.
- not covered or closed;
with certain parts apart: open eyes; open mouth.
- without a covering, esp. a protective covering;
exposed: an open wound; open electrical wires.
- extended or unfolded: an open newspaper.
- without restrictions as to who may participate: an open competition; an open session.
- accessible or available to follow: the only course still open to us.
- not taken or filled;
vacant: Which job is open?
- ready for or carrying on normal trade or business: The new store is now open. The office is open on Saturdays.
- not engaged or committed: Have you any open time on Monday?
- accessible, as to appeals, ideas, or offers: to be open to suggestion.
- exposed to general view or knowledge;
existing, carried on, etc., without concealment: open disregard of the rules.
- acting publicly or without concealment, as a person.
- unreserved, candid, or frank, as persons or their speech, aspect, etc.: an open manner.
- generous, liberal, or bounteous: to give with an open hand.
- liable or subject: open to question; open to retaliation.
unsettled: several open questions.
- without effective or enforced legal, commercial, or moral regulations: an open town.
- unguarded by an opponent: an open wide receiver.
- noting the part of the sea beyond headlands or enclosing areas of land: to sail on the open seas.
- free of ice, as a body of water or a seaport.
- free of navigational hazards: an open coast.
- (of a seaport) available for foreign trade;
not closed by government regulations or by considerations of health.
- (of a microphone) in operation;
- (of a delimiting punctuation mark) occurring at the beginning of a group of words or characters that is set off, as from surrounding text: open parenthesis; open quotes.Cf. close (def. 56).
- not yet balanced or adjusted, as an account.
- not constipated, as the bowels.
- (of a vowel) articulated with a relatively large opening above the tongue or with a relatively large oral aperture, as the vowel sound of cot compared with that in caught.
- (of a syllable) ending with a vowel.
- (of a consonant) continuant (opposed to stopped).
- [Ling.](of a class of items) readily admitting new members, as the class of nouns, verbs, or adjectives (opposed to closed).
- (of type) in outline form.
- widely spaced or leaded, as printed matter.
- (of an organ pipe) not closed at the far end.
- (of a string) not stopped by a finger.
- (of a note) produced by such a pipe or string or, on a wind instrument, without the aid of a slide, key, etc.
- (of an interval) containing neither endpoint.
- (of a set) consisting of points having neighborhoods wholly contained in the set, as the set of points within a circle.
- (of a map from one topological space to another) having the property that the image of an open set is an open set.
- free from frost;
mild or moderate: an open winter.
- (of a female animal) not pregnant.
- (of a fabric or weave) so loosely woven that spaces are visible between warp and filling yarns.
- to move (a door, window sash, etc.) from a shut or closed position so as to admit of passage.
- to render (a doorway, gateway, window, etc.) unobstructed by moving a door, window sash, etc., away from it.
- to render the interior of (a box, drawer, etc.) readily accessible.
- to clear (a passage, channel, etc.) of obstructions.
- to clear (areas or passages in the body).
- to give access to;
make accessible or available, as for use: to open a port for trade.
- to establish for business purposes or for public use: to open an office.
- to set in action, begin, start, or commence (sometimes fol. by up): to open a campaign.
- to uncover, lay bare, or expose to view.
- to expand, unfold, or spread out: to open a map.
- to make less compact, less closely spaced, or the like: to open ranks.
- to disclose, reveal, or divulge.
- to render accessible to knowledge, enlightenment, sympathy, etc.: to open one's mind.
- to cut, blast, or break into: to open a safe with nitro.
- to make or produce (an opening) by cutting or breaking, or by pushing aside or removing obstructions: to open a way through a crowd.
- to make an incision or opening in: to open a boil.
- to recall or revoke (a judgment, decree, etc.) for the purpose of allowing further contest or delay.
- to make the first statement of (a case) to the court or jury.
- [Cards.]to begin a hand by making (the first bid), placing (the first bet), or playing (a given card or suit) as the lead.
- to sail (a course) so that the apparent location of a distant fixed object changes with relation to a nearer fixed object (sometimes fol. by out).
- to become open, as a door, building, box, or enclosure.
- to afford access: a door that opens into a garden.
- to have an opening, passage, or outlet: The room opens into a corridor.
- (of a building, theater, etc.) to open its doors to the public: The museum opens at one o'clock.
- to begin a session or term, as a school.
- to begin a season, series of performances, or tour, as a theatrical company: The play will open in Boston.
- to begin, start, or commence an activity: The game opened with the national anthem.
- to part, or seem to part, so as to allow or reveal a passage: At last the cliffs opened to show us that we were heading for the sea.
- to become disclosed or revealed.
- to come into view;
become more visible or plain.
- to become receptive to knowledge, sympathy, etc., as the mind.
- to disclose or reveal one's knowledge, thoughts, feelings, etc.
- to unfold or expand, as a blossom, so as to reveal the interior.
- to spread out or expand, as the hand or a fan.
- to spread apart or separate, as pages of a book, newspaper, etc.: Open to page 32.
- to spread or come apart;
burst: The wound opened.
- to become less compact, less closely spaced, or the like: The ranks began to open.
- [Cards.]to make the first bet, bid, or lead in beginning a hand.
- [Hunting.](of hounds) to begin to bark, as on the scent of game.
- open up:
- to become or make open.
- to expand, esp. before the eye: A breathtaking panorama opened up as we reached the top of the hill.
- to achieve the initial development of: to open up a business office; to open up trade with China.
- [Slang.]to increase speed or the speed of (a vehicle).
- an open or clear space.
- the open air.
- the open water, as of the sea.
- an opening or aperture.
- an opening or opportunity.
- a contest or tournament in which both amateurs and professionals may compete, esp. in golf and tennis.
- the open:
- the unenclosed or unobstructed country.
- the outdoors: Vacations in the open are fine for the entire family.
- the condition of being unconcealed, recognized, or publicly known: The scandal is now out in the open.
Slidingslid•ing (slī′ding),USA pronunciation adj.
- rising or falling, increasing or decreasing, according to a standard or to a set of conditions.
- operated, adjusted, or moved by sliding: a sliding door.
Oror1 (ôr; unstressed ər),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect words, phrases, or clauses representing alternatives): books or magazines; to be or not to be.
- (used to connect alternative terms for the same thing): the Hawaiian, or Sandwich, Islands.
- (used in correlation): either … or; or … or; whether … or.
- (used to correct or rephrase what was previously said): His autobiography, or rather memoirs, will soon be ready for publication.
or else: Be here on time, or we'll leave without you.
- [Logic.]the connective used in disjunction.
Howdy there, this picture is about Of A Top Pivot Opening Out But The Forces Would Be Pretty Crazy And I'd Like To Have It Open Automatically If Possible. I'd Consider Sliding Doors Or . (good Garage Door Alternatives Design Inspirations #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 570 x 570. It's file size is only 70 KB. If You desired to download This picture to Your laptop, you may Click here. You could also download more attachments by clicking the following photo or see more at here: Garage Door Alternatives.
HPL is not recommended for a desk as well as wall-coverings inside the Of A Top Pivot Opening Out But The Forces Would Be Pretty Crazy And I'd Like To Have It Open Automatically If Possible. I'd Consider Sliding Doors Or . (good Garage Door Alternatives Design Inspirations #4). HPL nature isn't water easy and resistant to peel off the installment in the sides aren't nice. Pick a content that's an easy task to clean as products that are ceramic and glass. If using hardwood- pieces that are shaped, select the tile pieces aren't too little. Portions which can be also small trigger the grout that's an increasing number of. Note also the distance grout installation isn't too broad.
Using high intensity making the likelihood of broken material start to become and to collide larger. Select a substance that would be increased such as surface that is solid and marble. If chips or openings do not must replace entirely, due to the portion that was broken can be patched. In contrast to the stainless substance and showcases. If the substance is damaged in most area merely, must be improved overall.
Many pores let viruses or mark livein and complicated to scrub. Solid surface material superior. However stone and pebble can still be used throughout the cure done routinely. Table is in-direct contact with food that can go into our bodies. Use coating components that not include substances which can be bad for your body.