Hammockham•mock1 (ham′ək),USA pronunciation n.
- a hanging bed or couch made of canvas, netted cord, or the like, with cords attached to supports at each end.
Worldworld (wûrld),USA pronunciation n.
- the earth or globe, considered as a planet.
- (often cap.) a particular division of the earth: the Western world.
- the earth or a part of it, with its inhabitants, affairs, etc., during a particular period: the ancient world.
the human race;
humanity: The world must eliminate war and poverty.
- the public generally: The whole world knows it.
- the class of persons devoted to the affairs, interests, or pursuits of this life: The world worships success.
- a particular class of people, with common interests, aims, etc.: the fashionable world.
- any sphere, realm, or domain, with all pertaining to it: a child's world; the world of dreams; the insect world.
- everything that exists;
- any complex whole conceived as resembling the universe: the world of the microcosm.
- one of the three general groupings of physical nature: animal world; mineral world; vegetable world.
- any period, state, or sphere of existence: this world; the world to come.
- Often, worlds. a great deal: That vacation was worlds of fun.
- any indefinitely great expanse.
- any heavenly body: the starry worlds.
- bring into the world:
- to give birth to;
bear: My grandmother brought nine children into the world.
- to deliver (a baby): the doctor brought many children into the world.
- come into the world, to be born: Her first child came into the world in June.
- for all the world:
- for any consideration, however great: She wouldn't come to visit us for all the world.
- in every respect;
precisely: You look for all the world like my Aunt Mary.
- in the world:
- at all;
ever: I never in the world would have believed such an obvious lie.
- from among all possibilities: Where in the world did you find that hat?
- on top of the world. See top 1 (def. 25).
- out of this or the world, exceptional;
fine: The chef prepared a roast duck that was out of this world.
- set the world on fire, to achieve great fame and success: He didn't seem to be the type to set the world on fire.
- think the world of, to like or admire greatly: His coworkers think the world of him.
- world without end, for all eternity;
Metalmet•al (met′l),USA pronunciation n., v., -aled, -al•ing or (esp. Brit.) -alled, -al•ling.
- any of a class of elementary substances, as gold, silver, or copper, all of which are crystalline when solid and many of which are characterized by opacity, ductility, conductivity, and a unique luster when freshly fractured.
- such a substance in its pure state, as distinguished from alloys.
- an element yielding positively charged ions in aqueous solutions of its salts.
- an alloy or mixture composed wholly or partly of such substances, as brass.
- an object made of metal.
- formative material;
- See type metal.
- the state of being set in type.
- molten glass in the pot or melting tank.
- See road metal.
- to furnish or cover with metal.
- [Brit.]to pave or surface (a road) with broken stone.
Standstand (stand),USA pronunciation v., stood, stand•ing, n., pl. stands for 43–63, stands, stand for 64.
- (of a person) to be in an upright position on the feet.
- to rise to one's feet (often fol. by up).
- to have a specified height when in this position: a basketball player who stands six feet seven inches.
- to stop or remain motionless or steady on the feet.
- to take a position or place as indicated: to stand aside.
- to remain firm or steadfast, as in a cause.
- to take up or maintain a position or attitude with respect to a person, issue, or the like: to stand as sponsor for a person.
- to have or adopt a certain policy, course, or attitude, as of adherence, support, opposition, or resistance: He stands for free trade.
- (of things) to be in an upright or vertical position, be set on end, or rest on or as on a support.
- to be set, placed, fixed, located, or situated: The building stands at 34th Street and 5th Avenue.
- (of an account, score, etc.) to show, be, or remain as indicated;
show the specified position of the parties concerned: The score stood 18 to 14 at the half.
- to remain erect or whole;
resist change, decay, or destruction (often fol. by up): The ruins still stand. The old building stood up well.
- to continue in force or remain valid: The agreement stands as signed.
- to remain still, stationary, or unused: The bicycle stood in the basement all winter.
- to be or become stagnant, as water.
- (of persons or things) to be or remain in a specified state, condition, relation, relative position, etc.: He stood in jeopardy of losing his license.
- to have the possibility or likelihood: He stands to gain a sizable profit through the sale of the house.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to become or be a candidate, as for public office (usually fol. by for).
- to take or hold a particular course at sea.
- to move in a certain direction: to stand offshore.
- (of a male domestic animal, esp. a stud) to be available as a sire, usually for a fee: Three Derby winners are now standing in Kentucky.
- to cause to stand;
set: Stand the chair by the lamp.
- to face or encounter: to stand an assault.
- to undergo or submit to: to stand trial.
- to endure or undergo without harm or damage or without giving way: His eyes are strong enough to stand the glare.
- to endure or tolerate: She can't stand her father.
- to treat or pay for: I'll stand you to a drink when the manuscript is in.
- to perform the duty of or participate in as part of one's job or duty: to stand watch aboard ship.
- stand a chance or show, to have a chance or possibility, esp. of winning or surviving: He's a good shortstop but doesn't stand a chance of making the major leagues because he can't hit.
- stand by:
- to uphold;
support: She stood by him whenever he was in trouble.
- to adhere to (an agreement, promise, etc.);
affirm: She stood by her decision despite her sister's arguments.
- to stand ready;
wait: Please stand by while I fix this antenna.
- to get ready to speak, act, etc., as at the beginning of a radio or television program.
- to be ready to board a plane, train, or other transport if accommodations become available at the last minute.
- stand down:
- to leave the witness stand.
- to step aside;
withdraw, as from a competition: I agreed to stand down so that she could run for the nomination unopposed.
- to leave or take out of active work or service: to stand down some of the ships in the fleet.
- stand for:
- to represent;
symbolize: P.S. stands for "postscript.''
- to advocate;
favor: He stands for both freedom and justice.
- [Informal.]to tolerate;
allow: I won't stand for any nonsense!
- stand in with:
- to be in association or conspiracy with.
- to enjoy the favor of;
be on friendly terms with.
- stand off:
- to keep or stay at a distance.
- to put off;
- stand on:
- to depend on;
rest on: The case stands on his testimony.
- to be particular about;
demand: to stand on ceremony.
- [Naut.]to maintain a course and speed.
- stand out:
- to project;
protrude: The piers stand out from the harbor wall.
- to be conspicuous or prominent: She stands out in a crowd.
- to persist in opposition or resistance;
- [Naut.]to maintain a course away from shore.
- stand over:
- to supervise very closely;
watch constantly: He won't work unless someone stands over him.
- to put aside temporarily;
postpone: to let a project stand over until the following year.
- stand pat. See pat 2 (def. 6).
- stand to:
- to continue to hold;
persist in: to stand to one's statement.
- to keep at steadily: Stand to your rowing, men!
- to wait in readiness;
stand by: Stand to for action.
- stand to reason. See reason (def. 11).
- stand up:
- to come to or remain in a standing position: to stand up when being introduced.
- to remain strong, convincing, or durable: The case will never stand up in court. Wool stands up better than silk.
- [Slang.]to fail to keep an appointment with (someone, esp. a sweetheart or date): I waited for Kim for an hour before I realized I'd been stood up.
- stand up for:
- to defend the cause of;
support: No one could understand why he stood up for an incorrigible criminal.
- to serve a bridegroom or bride, as best man or maid (matron) of honor.
- stand up to, to meet or deal with fearlessly;
confront: to stand up to a bully.
- the act of standing;
an assuming of or a remaining in an upright position.
- a cessation of motion;
halt or stop.
- a determined effort for or against something, esp. a final defensive effort: Custer's last stand.
- a determined policy, position, attitude, etc., taken or maintained: We must take a stand on political issues.
- the place in which a person or thing stands;
- See witness stand.
- a raised platform, as for a speaker, a band, or the like.
- stands, a raised section of seats for spectators;
- a framework on or in which articles are placed for support, exhibition, etc.: a hat stand.
- a piece of furniture of various forms, on or in which to put articles (often used in combination): a nightstand; a washstand.
- a small, light table.
- a stall, booth, counter, or the like, where articles are displayed for sale or where some business is carried on: a fruit stand.
- newsstand: The papers usually hit the stands at 5 a.m.
- a site or location for business: After 20 years the ice-cream vendor was still at the same stand.
- a place or station occupied by vehicles available for hire: a taxicab stand.
- the vehicles occupying such a place.
- the growing trees, or those of a particular species or grade, in a given area.
- a standing growth, as of grass, wheat, etc.
- a halt of a theatrical company on tour, to give a performance or performances: a series of one-night stands on the strawhat trail.
- the town at which a touring theatrical company gives a performance.
- hive (def. 2).
- a rolling unit in a rolling mill.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a complete set of arms or accoutrements for one soldier.
- take the stand, to testify in a courtroom.
Howdy there, this blog post is about Hammock World Timber Metal Stand (amazing Hammock Au #1). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1203 x 445. This photo's file size is just 138 KB. Wether You desired to download This post to Your computer, you have to Click here. You may too download more pictures by clicking the following image or read more at this post: Hammock Au.
Hammock Au style has changed into a favored style of many people with their residence. The design is stylish, look that was modern and basic has drawn many people to apply for their occupancy. How to get a contemporary contemporary look gorgeous? The furniture is designed for contemporary layout type has a characteristic that was intriguing.
Today with sun light within the room, room is created vivid and open with modern modern interior-design. So that light could be replicated around the room in the house choose white flooring material. Furthermore use glass as opposed to huge windows wall content and skylights to create around possible internal in day light.
The design fashion furnishings supply the effect of easy and light while in the final appearance of the area. This can be attained by the use of a straight line that was smooth to-use white colour thus fascinated clean and lighting. Another material applied is glass material which can be reflective and translucent to give the perception of the more modern.